- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup jalapeño cream cheese
- Put chicken in crockpot, sprinkle with taco seasoning, mix soup and salsa together then pour over chicken. Cook on high 4 hours, remove chicken, add cream cheese and stir into sauce in pot. Shred chicken put back in pot and mix well.
- Serve how you would like.
- We put on tortillas with some rice.
Recipe submitted by Janelle Fulfs.
- Dry (bagged) Pinto Beans
Note: Rinse beans and soak in hot water for about 20 minutes.
Put the following in the crockpot:
- About 1 —1½tbsp olive oil
- Diced onions
- Mince Garlic
- Put the beans in the crockpot with all the other ingredients, add water until it’s about an inch above the beans.
- Cook on low for about 6-8 hours.
- Once they are done, drain most of the water, then smoosh the beans using a potato smasher.
- Season with salt and pepper to your preference.
Note: If you don’t have a crockpot, you can purchase a can of Pinto Beans, while warming it on the stove (with the liquid it comes in), you can still add the olive oil, onion, garlic and cilantro. Once it’s warm, smoosh the beans.
- 1 can green string beans
- 1 can yellow wax beans
- 1 can dark red kidney beans
- 2 cups diced celery
- ½ cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped (½ cup)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ⅔ cup cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup salad oil
Pour dark red kidney beans into a large bowl. Rinse with cold water. Drain water off of kidney beans. Drain green string beans and yellow wax beans. Dump into bowl. Add celery, onion, and green pepper.
Make dressing by combining remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Pour over vegetables. Toss well. Chill at least 30 minutes or, better, overnight.
—by Karen Centowski
- Boneless-skinless breasts
- Onion Powder
- Adobo (Goya Brand)
- Sazon con achiote (Goya Brand)
- Green Bell Peppers
Season chicken and potatoes with all spices to taste, add peppers and cilantro, and bake at 425 degrees for 45-50 minutes.
Recipe submitted by Josue Santiago.
- 1 ½ cups of instant cornbread mix
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 cups of chopped broccoli florets
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 10 oz. cheddar/jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F
- Mix together first seven ingredients
- Warm olive oil (3 tablespoons) in cast iron skillet and pour in ingredients to lightly brown
- Bake for 45 minutes until golden brown
Note: For a healthier version use the following substitutes:
- Almond milk
- Low fat cheese
- Low fat sour cream
- Omit the butter
Recipe submitted by Barbara Berry.
- 5-6 Large apples thinly sliced (will yield approximately 6 cups)(Honey Crisp, Jonathans, any tart firm apple)
- ¾ cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- Fill pie crust (your own recipe or use a store bought crust)
- Top with second crust
- Brush with egg yolk
- Sprinkle with sugar
- Bake at 425 degrees for 40 minutes
Recipe submitted by Janet Fulfs