2020 has been a most difficult year and it’s not over with yet. And the holidays are fast approaching which increases our stress even more. I want all nurses to take a moment to care for yourselves. We need you and want you to remain healthy and well balanced. Here are a few tips.
10 Simplified Self Care Tips for Nurses:
- Take days off and engage in something fun
- Reflect on your achievements
- Maintain a sense of humor, don’t forget to laugh…often
- Ask for re-assignment if needed.
- Support your colleagues, praise others
- Reach out to one another – colleagues, friends, family
- Encourage emotional well being
- Accept some irritability due to stress – cut yourself some slack
- Eat meals each day that are healthy and balanced
- Exercise and get sufficient sleep
Janelle C. Pickett, Vice-President
American Home Health