HOW TO PREVENT LATEX ALLERGIES
- Ask for reduced-protein, powder-free gloves, if your employer supplies latex gloves.
- Avoid oil-based creams or lotions when using latex gloves. They may cause the gloves to break down.
- Wash hands with a mild soap and dry hands completely after using gloves.
- Recognize symptoms of latex allergy (rash; hives; flushing; itching; nasal, eye, and sinus irritation; asthma; and shock).
- Avoid direct contact with latex gloves and other latex-containing products if you develop symptoms of latex allergy, until you can see a doctor.