- Dry (bagged) Pinto Beans
Note: Rinse beans and soak in hot water for about 20 minutes.
Put the following in the crockpot:
- About 1 —1½tbsp olive oil
- Diced onions
- Mince Garlic
- Put the beans in the crockpot with all the other ingredients, add water until it’s about an inch above the beans.
- Cook on low for about 6-8 hours.
- Once they are done, drain most of the water, then smoosh the beans using a potato smasher.
- Season with salt and pepper to your preference.
Note: If you don’t have a crockpot, you can purchase a can of Pinto Beans, while warming it on the stove (with the liquid it comes in), you can still add the olive oil, onion, garlic and cilantro. Once it’s warm, smoosh the beans.