Having type 2 diabetes increases your risk of severe illness from COVID-19. Based on what we know at this time, having type 1 or gestational diabetes might increase your risk of severe illness from COVID-19.
Actions to take
- Continue taking your diabetes pills and insulin as usual.
- Test your blood sugar and keep track of the results, as directed by your healthcare provider.
- Make sure that you have at least a 30-day supply of your diabetes medicines, including insulin.
- Follow your healthcare provider’s instructions if you are feeling ill as well as the sick day tips for people with diabetes.
- Call your healthcare provider if you have concerns about your condition or feel sick.
- If you don’t have a healthcare provider, contact your nearest community health center or health department.